After eliminating mice in your house
Mice are uninvited visitors that shouldn’t be allowed in any home. The presence of mice at home poses great health risks. Their droppings and urine carry bacteria that cause life-threatening diseases. More than eliminating these nuisances in your home, you must go beyond to clean up and disinfect your home.
Mice infestation cleanup includes cleaning all the traces of mice after getting rid of them. It involves preventive and mice infestation remediation measures for healthy living after infestation. Read till the end to learn how to get rid of mice at home and clean up after infestation.
Do You Need to To Clean-up After Mice Infestation?
Of course, you need mice infestation cleanup to eliminate the smell of droppings and urine after mice infestation treatment. More so, mice carry pathogens that cause different diseases transmittable to human beings. Cleaning up will guarantees your health and safety. The pathogens that mice bring into the house contaminate food in the pantry, making it unhealthy to eat. Some of the diseases carried by mice include:
Salmonella: this bacteria causes painful intestinal disturbance related to food poison. Basically, it is passed through mice feces deposited in your food. Salmonella is easily transmitted in an unclean environment.
Airborne Mouse Allergen: Mice carry allergens that cause asthma and other breathing difficulties.
Lyme diseases: this is another viral infection contracted from mice feces and urine. The disease is fatal because it can lead to brain damage without treatment. Lyme disease symptoms include fever, nausea, headache, and lack of appetite.
Leptospirosis: This bacteria is passed through mice’s saliva. It causes muscle pain, diarrhea, abdominal pain, fever, vomiting, and other diseases. If this disease is not treated, it can cause kidney problems or liver failure.
Hantavirus: The hantavirus causes a respiratory and neurological problems when you breathe in the contaminated dust. Usually, the bacteria is passed through mice’s feces and urine. You can avoid this by cleaning up and disinfecting all surfaces after mice infestation.
Where Can You Check For Mice in Your House?
Mice are very active rodents with a flexible bodies to enter different spaces and corners of the house. You need to understand their evasive nature to search every nook and crannies of the house for their hideout.
The common places you can notice mouse problems in house include:
- kitchen and laundries: In search of food, mice love the kitchen a lot, especially the pantry. If mice gain access to your pantry, sending them out won’t be easy. Mice have flexible skeletons to squeeze in tiny spaces as hideouts. Check behind your appliances in the kitchen and the washing machine at the laundry.
- Cavity walls: Mice like unnoticed regions, so you will likely find them in crawlspaces, suspended ceilings, under stairs, and so on.
- Lofts, attics, eaves, and basements: Mice sometimes enter the house through damaged bricks and vents at the basements. You will notice mice infestation at attics when the shredded paper, cardboard, and fabrics are scattered about. You can also check for mouse feces and urine in a confined corner at the eaves.
- Outdoors, you will likely find mice playing around the sheds, garages, vegetation, or compost bins. Check for openings in your garage and seal them to avoid mouse infestation.
How To Cleanup/Disinfect After Mice Infestation
One of the most important mouse infestation remediation procedures is mouse infestation cleanup. It would be best to clean up immediately because mice are disease carriers that can introduce life-threatening bacteria into your home. Don’t skip the following in the clean up process after a mouse infestation.
- Remove Dead Mice: Dead mice give an unpleasant odor. Either the mice are freshly dead, or you see the carcass in the house, you need to remove it immediately. Please don’t remove the mice with bare hands; put on gloves, remove the carcass, dispose of it in the rubbish bag, clean the space with bleach and wash your hands thoroughly.
- Clean Areas Contaminated by Mouse Droppings: Mouse droppings are like grains of rice with a spindle shape. Mouse droppings carry bacteria that transmit diseases, so cleaning them is essential. Clean the surface with bleach and water solution and disinfect the surface. Avoid vacuuming the droppings to prevent raising dust that can contaminate the air causing respiratory problems. If you find the dropping in your laundry or beddings, wash the cloth with hot water and detergent. Also, if mice in apartment damage any carpet or furniture upholstery, steam the contaminated items. Remember to wash your hands after disinfecting the house.
- Clean mouse urine: The mouse urine is a clear yellow liquid that smells like ammonia. Mice have a weak bladder, so they urinate almost everywhere. Use bleach and water mixture to clean the surfaces where you think mice might have urinated. Spray the surface with water and bleach solution and leave it for some minutes, then wipe with a paper towel. Dispose of the soiled paper towel and wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water after cleaning.
What To Do With Dead Mice in My Apartment?
Different regions have different rules on how to dispose of dead animals. Depending on your municipal rules, the three available options include: burning the dead mouse, burying it in a compostable bag about 3 meters below the ground surface, or throwing it in the garbage area after wrapping it well in a newspaper and an airtight plastic bag.
Effective Ways To Get Rid of Mice Infestation in The House
To exterminate mice in your house, you can use traps. The traps are positioned in places where you have seen the mice or common area they live in the house. You can easily find the dead mice and dispose of them with traps.
Other ways of getting rid of mice infestation involve using glue boards and baits. Keeping a clutter-free house and sealing all entry points can be effective but not 100%. The best way to get rid of a mouse infestation is to call on professionals who have the best knowledge about the behavioral nature of mice.
My house is infested with mice; what can I do? Call on Provincial Pest Control (PPC) today. We offer full pest infestation solutions, pest inspection, and pest-proofing services. We have reliable service you can trust if you are anywhere in Canada, Toronto, Ottawa, and other counties. Get a mice-free and disease-free home today by reaching us here at.
Blood Sucking Pest
it is vital to be aware of blood-sucking pest infestation at home and make sure that your home is free of any harmful insects
Areas We Service
Our competent team ensures that you get the best services from anywhere in the region. We will reach out to you anytime and anywhere to help you with your infestation problem. We are striving to serve you in your area and ensure that you get the best of our services. No matter how far you live, we will make sure to send in a response team as quickly as possible and offer you the best way to deal with the problem.
Get Free Inspection
Free Pest Inspection Disclaimer
1. Inspection as Part of Treatment When homeowners choose our company to get rid of pests, we only charge them for the service and offer inspection for free.
2. Inspection Separately from Treatment If the house has a heavy cockroach or bed bug infestation or shows clear symptoms of infestation, we offer a free inspection.
Our experts also guide the residents through the process and give treatment recommendations on spot. Even if you have a slight suspicion that there might be harmful pests roaming on your property, contact us immediately. It is better to opt for a pest inspection to ensure that the problem does not escalate.
Book your free inspection from here.