Need To Know About Black Widow Spider
In a world of thousands of species of Spiders, Black Widow Spider are unique because of the myths surrounding their bites and the major role they play in controlling other insects and. You can identify these eight-legged creatures by their black bodies and the red hourglass shape on their bellies.
Black Widow Spiders are not the type of pests you would want to have in abundance in your home. Therefore, having a fundamental knowledge of black widows can help you avoid their habitats and get rid of any potential habitats they might have in your home.
Facts About Black Widow Spiders
Here are some interesting facts about black widow spiders:
- Although they are small creatures, a black spider bite is highly venomous and painful. The most common signs of a black widow bite are; sweating, fever, severe pain in the area of the bite, and breathing difficulties. These are not pleasant experiences.
- People don’t die from a black widow spider bite; it’s just a myth. But their bites may pose a severe danger to young children and elderly ones.
- Black Widow Spiders seek shelter in times of cold or drought. This is when they come inside your home seeking warmer atmospheric conditions.
- They feed on their prey in a liquid form. Anytime insects get caught up in their web, Black Widow Spiders inject enzymes into their prey and afterward drink the fluid as food.
- Female black widow spiders eat their male counterparts after mating. The only black widows to be concerned about are the females because males lack the toxic substances that females do.
- Black Widow spiders only act in self-defense. For you to get bitten, you must have touched them or pinched them.
How To Prevent a Black Widow Spider Infestation in House
Nearly all spiders enter houses to look for other insects to eat. Spider infestation is easy to recognize.
Black widows will breed over the summer and deposit egg sacs in cracks and crevices all over houses. Up to 900 unique eggs may be present in each sac, which normally hatches 14 to 30 days after being placed. At such a sight, call Spider pest control near me (Canada) for professional spider removal in such a home.
Spider Pest Control
Due to their threat, you will want to control their existence in your home. Here are a few spider control suggestions you can employ to keep black widows out of your house successfully.
- Maintain a neat Environment and regularly dispose of organic waste from your enclosure.
- Around your home, fix or replace the cracked window and door screens.
- At night, put off outside lights or upgrade outdoor lighting fixtures with insect-resistant bulbs.
- After every meal, clean your home thoroughly, remove any webs, and store any leftovers in sealed containers.
- Ensure that your home is free of moisture-free.
- To ensure outdoor spider control, use a caulking gun to fill in any gaps, cracks, or openings in the exterior of your home, particularly those around the foundation and window and door frames.
If all these suggestions are followed, and spider infestation is not controlled, then you should call spider exterminators who have knowledge of spider removal. They can determine the severity of the infestation and help with spraying spiders with spider insecticides and the best insecticides for spiders outdoors.
What To Do If You See a Black Widow Spider
You should not play around with black widows. Even if you never encounter one, being knowledgeable about them will always benefit you since you will know how to get rid of it and what to do next. It could mean the difference between a trip to the hospital and a dead spider if you keep an eye out in the darker areas of your home or storage areas. When you spot a black widow, it’s a good idea to consult a specialist to learn what to do next to protect your family from coming into contact with one.
A professional can be called in to identify the locations where the spiders are mating and hatching to target those places and get rid of any that are already there. Consult the experts before attempting to eliminate them yourself because doing so can be risky. If you see one, remove it with a vacuum or kill it by kicking it to the ground and treading it with your shoe.
What To Do If A Black Widow Spider Bite You
The person does not feel pain immediately if a a black widow spider bites person. The pain hits after an hour and does get away in around 12 hours.
Although black widow bites don’t result in fatalities, except in young ones and the elderly, it is always a good idea to seek medical assistance and, if possible, bring the spider with you. This is because everyone’s reactions to the bites vary.
Placing ice on the area of the bite to help the swelling and cleaning the site of the bite with alcohol will help prevent infection. Even after doing this, seek medical help from doctors and immediately reach out to the Spider exterminator near me to eliminate the black widow spider and ensure your home is free of them.
If you need a competent Spider pest control near me, contact Provincial Pest Control (PPC). We are available in major cities in Canada, including Toronto, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, New Market, and many others. Provincial Pest Control (PPC) renders its services to residential, commercial, and multi-unit residential (Condos) buildings and leaves it pest free. They offer free inspections and seasonal promotions to their clientele.
You can count on our spider exterminators to help control the infestation of Black widow spiders in your home and make it safe and healthy again. Make that call today! We are available to help you with all your pest problems and make your home safe again.
Blood Sucking Pest
it is vital to be aware of blood-sucking pest infestation at home and make sure that your home is free of any harmful insects
Areas We Service
Our competent team ensures that you get the best services from anywhere in the region. We will reach out to you anytime and anywhere to help you with your infestation problem. We are striving to serve you in your area and ensure that you get the best of our services. No matter how far you live, we will make sure to send in a response team as quickly as possible and offer you the best way to deal with the problem.
Get Free Inspection
Free Pest Inspection Disclaimer
1. Inspection as Part of Treatment When homeowners choose our company to get rid of pests, we only charge them for the service and offer inspection for free.
2. Inspection Separately from Treatment If the house has a heavy cockroach or bed bug infestation or shows clear symptoms of infestation, we offer a free inspection.
Our experts also guide the residents through the process and give treatment recommendations on spot. Even if you have a slight suspicion that there might be harmful pests roaming on your property, contact us immediately. It is better to opt for a pest inspection to ensure that the problem does not escalate.
Book your free inspection from here.